Monday, August 31, 2009

Life with Cooper

My middle child is named Cooper, after Gary Cooper one of my favorite actors of the golden age of Hollywood. So far though he is not living up to the name in the quiet ,suave way of his namesake. Yesterday he hit his older brother with a bag and when he was confronted by me he calmly explained that the "bag is soft,mom". While he was with his aunt and grandmother yesterday he was having a conversation on the phone with two friends named PeePee and PoopPoop and apparently they were getting on his nerves since he told my sister in law he had to hang up on them harder and harder but they just kept calling him back.

This morning after getting his older brother on the school bus for the first day of school I could not find the large bottle of juice I know I purchased just three days ago. I put Cooper and his baby sister in the car and took them to the fabulously cheap grocery store one town over the bridge. All the while Cooper is saying to me," The juice is in the trunk" We don't have a trunk. We have a crossover with three rows of seats. I had looked in the car for the juice bottle, my husband looked in the car for the juice bottle and we both scratched our heads wondering what could have become of 96 ounces of apple juice. All the while Cooper is saying "the juice is in the trunk".


We get to the grocery store that has a happy sign that states they open at 9 am...it is 8:30. I have no where else to go and nothing to do. So I decide to head back home and just stop at the small town grocery store and pay way too much for juice just to get us through the morning. As I am loading said children back into the car I happen to move a beach towel from off the floor and there in the back seat of the car is the bottle of juice.

Cooper smiles and says ,"I told you there was juice in the trunk."

Did I mention he's only three?

No comments:

Post a Comment