Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Inner Girlie

I have never liked pink very much. I always watched my friends with detached fascination as they dressed their newborn girls in nothing but pink, occasionally some lavender but mostly pink. All I could think to myself was , "isn't there anything else but pink for little girls?"

The answer is no. I now have a precious little girl and as usual I am regretting those mean thoughts. Because really there is almost nothing but pink for little girls. Every store looks like a Pepto Bismol convention. I haven't had ot buy anything but if I did I would be hard pressed to find something other than pink to put her in. I have been fortunate to get all kinds of hand me downs from friends who have gone the girl route already. And truth be told it is almost all pink and what is not I am hesitant to use. I know, eating my words yet again. Factor in that it takes me upwards of 45 mintues to pick something out for her and my inner girlie has been found.

I also have found the temptation to dress us alike. I am not sure what inspires this but for any of my friends who might have done this and I made fun of them, forgive me. I am beginning to understand. I am not loathing pink. I am not opposed to Piper looking like me. And I will say if her hair is curly it may not bother me as much as I once thought it might.

A good friend of my sister's gave Piper her first piece of jewelry. A beautiful pink pearl bracelet. This past weekend friends of ours gave her a beautiful pink sweater and I found myself thinking how nice they will both look together. I hardly ever coordinate myself this way! I may have to start dressing better just to keep up.

So will I start wearing pink and skirts and worrying more about my hair? I don't know for sure. Pink is easy, skirts are do-able but the hair, well I gave up on that fight long ago. So if you see me wearing a pink skirt and my hair looks a little more tame don't be shocked just soak up the moment, it may not last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment